Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Leith

Leith has changed my life. After moving back home from college, our schedules were quite different. She worked at Threshold Enterprises, performing the dreaded data entry, working for a self-centered vitamin fanatic. I was back in school after a change of career, and working part-time for my hometown Fire Department with the inspectors.

Leith and I, as two college graduates in that awkward post-college stage in life moving back in with our families who live in a small town in the Santa Cruz Mountains, walk our dogs down a small, narrow, beautiful, scenic road full of Redwood trees. After moving back home from college, our schedules were quite different, so I would be lucky to see Leith even once during a the span of a month. Every time I would have the chance to see her, I couldn't help but acknowledge her beauty, and every time I would see her on that windy, Redwood-filled Irwin Way, I wanted her to see me at my best. Leith would walk a Whippet, named Wicca. Also, two Italian Greyhounds named Flidais and Fergus. But very notably, Leith would walk Mab and Oenghus, who were two paraplegic miniature dachshunds Leith so kindly pushed in a baby carriage. She seemed to absolutely adore animals. From the bottom of my heart, I loved that! Her face and body were of the utmost beauty. Her voice was soft, pleasant, and lovely. I knew I was very attracted to this woman, and I knew I wanted to ask her out.

But there was a caviot: About half the time I'm on Irwin Way I am overheated, gasping for air, and dripping sweat. As a runner on Irwin Way, I felt asking her out while dripping with sweat wasn't quite the way to go. It was not very often I saw this woman, so during the next chance I would get, I was going to ask her out!

Under the sun and somewhat in the cool shade of the Redwoods, gasping for air and overheated by a routine Saturday afternoon run down Irwin Way, I saw that, with Leith taking her dogs Mab and Oenghus for a walk, her and I were going to cross paths! She was warm and welcoming as always, and her beauty drew me closer. Mab and Oenghus were amazing too! They seemed so sweet! I asked Leith if she wanted to walk the dogs together the following weekend. She said yes!!!

1 comment:

  1. This a beautiful postm though I'm sure you've regretted asking me out ever since ;). I love you.

    ReplyDelete