Wednesday, October 7, 2009

When You Get Thrown Curveballs

It seems to me that life throws you curveballs in bunches, and there is simply nothing you can do to keep them from coming.

Our dog, Cooper, bit my cat, Meez, and wouldn't let go! Thankfully, my mom was there, and dove between the two, trying to pry Cooper's teeth out from Meez. He had a deathly vice grip. The horrible, bloody screaming and struggled from my mom and Meez lasted for a minute or so. This left my mom's hand extremely injured, from either cat scratches, bites, or both. My poor mom! Also, this left Meez's abdomen pierced with a dime-sized hole from Cooper's teeth. Poor thing! Today, my mom went into hand surgery because it appears some tendons have lacerations, which is not a good thing! Today's surgery on my mom appeared successful, but the repair is not close to being complete. In two days will be her next round of surgery, and I'm really pulling for my mom in this. She has had so much on her mind lately too, which is really a bummer, and as a son I really need to step up to the plate! My mom has done so much for my sister and I throughout the years. Thankfully too, my stepdad is awesome.

The cat, Meez, had a few stitches put in because of the puncture by Cooper's teeth. $1000 vet bill later, I am following the veterinarian's orders of twice daily applying betadine, and somehow, someway, getting an antibiotic pill down his throat. That very same day, after all the horrible, bloody murder in the stairwell between Cooper and Meez, Meez was wandering around as if Cooper was never even there! I've simply never met a cat so confident and daring, nevermind have one!

How about my aunt, as a trustee for my deceased grandmother, sending me a letter in the mail requesting that I have "no further contact with herself, her husband, or her son (my cousin)," after asking her for a copy of my grandmother's trust? Or even better: that my aunt is "deeply disappointed in my level of maturity" after asking for a copy of my grandmother's trust? Or my uncle, from whom I asked a copy of the trust, who called me every name in the book after asking him. It's not money I seek here, it's simply a copy of the trust. May I also get a side of "accountability"? I feel far above this matter, perhaps even in an arrogant sort of way, so I plan on leaving, or even addressing, this with class. Afterall, this is all about my grandmother here.






Only a month or two ago, Skype was only something I had head people talk about and see the insignia on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" and thought it was still trying to break outside Europe like Starbuck's instant coffee drink "VIA" has too, but only better. I had heard people bragging about how cheap it is, how they were speaking with people (and lovers) on the other side of the world via the Internet and its Voice-Over-IP (VoIP) protocol, and I felt so much out of the loop. But why would I even need Skype? Well, before Leith moved to France, she introduced me to Skype and its awesome feautures. I can chat, like AOL Instant Messenger, speak like over the telephone, and use live webcam. $0.02 (0.013 or so) per minute to Leith's landline in France, now how about that? I've got the dialing pattern of 011 + the country code for France, "33", + the local number (without the zero) down to an incredible science. Skype should look into hiring me for one of their testimonies on their next television advertisement :)

Even though over 6,000 miles away, Leith continues to remind me how she is always there for me; always more than available to listen and take in these curveballs that flood my mind (and quite romantic if I may add too ;). As always too, she assures me that she's in full support and her wonderful, deep, caring nature brings me so much comfort. It means the world to me.

In the meantime, there is romance to be made here at 180 Camp Joy Road. An address in which you would find some wonderful, amazing animals. Time for a walk :)

Take care for all who are actually reading this!
:)

2 comments:

  1. You're right that I'm always here for you and support and love you. About my sweet, romantic, caring neture? I think you made that up... I love Skype too. I cannot imagine you over there with all this going on and not having a way to talk to one another! Thank you for posting this, and please keep everyone updated on how it all goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. By keep us updated, I meant post another blog! I miss reading your wonderfully written posts!

    ReplyDelete