Thursday, October 22, 2009

Meez


Meez, Meez, and more Meez.


At our house, we have five animals. Three dogs, and two cats. They are all so, so awesome. I can’t imagine living without a companion like these animals have been. I love them all. But I want to dedicate this blog to Meez, one of my cats, who has recently been bit by one of our dogs, Cooper (with this came an injury to my mom’s hand). He is a Seal Point Siamese, and is over a year old now. He is extremely energetic, always wants to play with the dogs, and is one-of-a-kind.


Randi Rose with our dog, Belle, as a puppy.


Before we got Meez, we had a nineteen year-old Chocolate Point Siamese cat named Randi Rose. She was a cat beyond words throughout her lifetime. She always seemed to be there throughout all the years I was growing up, and she held a special place in my heart. When she died, after living such a merry, mellow life, there was such a feeling of emptiness in the family. I will never forget her.


One day, my mom said a cat was brought into one of the fire stations because it was found by a caring coworker named Carla, dumped in a busy intersection. Cars were racing by, one after another, and the poor little kitten, at about three months old, was crying for his dear life! I came home from class, and the poor guy was upstairs by my bedroom. He looked like a Siamese; perhaps entirely Siamese. Heck, I’ll call him Meez!


With the loss of Randi Rose, Meez has had very large shoes to fill. But we’re very thankful for Meez, because he seems to be a final knot in tying the family.

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post, and I absolutely love the pictures! Seems like Meez is a cat after your own heart with the baseball photo. I don't think I ever knew that story about how you found his name. So glad to see you've posted again, I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks, Leith. I thought the baseball would be good, to put him to scale, and see exactly how big (or small) he was when we first got him. Did you see I now have three subscribers? Yippee! ;)

    ReplyDelete